At Preferred Window and Door, we have been providing dock leveler installation, as well as the installation and repair of numerous dock accessories, since 1994. One product that we both sell and install, as well as repair and replace when need be, are dock bumpers. If your commercial business is in need of dock bumper installation, contact our team today for installation services you can count on.
The Benefits of Dock Bumpers
Regardless of the type of loading dock that your commercial business maintains, if a large truck hits the building, there’s going to be damage to either the truck, the building, or both. In some cases, the damage to the building can be serious, resulting in costly repairs. One of the best ways to mitigate the risk of damage in a loading dock collision is with dock bumpers. Dock bumpers can absorb about 80 percent of force involved in a collision.
Types of Dock Bumpers
There are many different types of dock bumpers available, and so choosing the right one of your loading dock is essential. Our team can guide you through the different types of dock bumpers and materials, as well as which one is best for your commercial business and why. Some of the most common dock bumper options include:
- Laminated dock bumpers. Laminated dock bumpers are one of the most popular dock bumper types, particular because these dock bumpers are nearly completely maintenance-free and hold up in all weather.
- Steel-faced dock bumpers. Steel-faced dock bumpers are a popular choice when excessive friction occurs as a result of up-and-down trailer movements. Thanks to the steel, the life expectancy on these dock bumpers is longer than it is for most other bumper types.
- Molded dock bumpers. Molded dock bumpers are simple and attractive, and are great for loading docks that don’t get a ton of traffic. In more high-traffic area, however, molded dock bumpers aren’t ideal as they are more prone to chipping.
- Extra length dock bumpers. If you need protection for the entire length of a loading door, an extra length dock bumper may be the right choice for you.
- Extruded dock bumpers. Extruded dock bumpers are made of solid rubber, come in a variety of different sizes and styles, are easy to install, and can be used for indoor and outdoor protection, and are used on commercial loading docks, warehouses, and vehicles.
Contact Preferred Window and Door Today
If you have a loading dock on your property and loading and unloading cargo with the help of large trucks is critical for your business, don’t take shortcuts by failing to invest in dock bumpers. Dock bumpers absorb force and help to prevent against damage to a building or a truck, saving you money and providing you with peace of mind.
To install, repair, or replace dock bumpers today, call Preferred Window and Door. We have been managing dock bumper installation for more than 20 years, and are confident in our ability to provide your commercial business with the service its looking for.