A turnstile is a type of entry system that only allows one person to enter at a time, and is commonly seen in public areas like metro stations, as well as in myriad different business and organization types. There are multiple different styles of turnstiles, all of which serve a unique purpose and function.
At Preferred Window and Door, our team of professionals has been installing, maintaining, and repairing turnstiles for business, organizations, and universities throughout Illinois and Indiana for more than 20 years. To learn more about our turnstile services, or to schedule a repair or installation, contact us today.
Benefits of Turnstiles
There are a number of reasons why your business or organization may benefit from turnstiles. These include:
- Controlled access. Turnstiles can be designed to provide controlled access, only allowing those with authorization the ability to enter a property or certain zone. This can reduce the flow of traffic, and keep those without access (i.e those who don’t have a ticket, are not authorized employees, etc.) out.
- Deterrent to crime, theft, and unauthorized access. Turnstiles are a visible, effective deterrent to crime, theft, and the entrance of anyone who does not have authorization to enter. This can provide your business or organization with enhanced security.
- Traffic control. Another benefit of turnstiles is that they provide for an easy, straightforward way of managing the control of foot traffic, as they only allow the entrance of one person at a time. This can reduce chaos at busy entry points, such as gyms, stadiums, public areas, ec.
- Data gathering. Even if anyone is allowed access without having to show authorization (i.e. ticket, access card, etc.), turnstiles can be used to gather data in regards to the number of people who enter a facility or area. This data may be important for making business decisions in the future.
Turnstile Styles – Which Is Right for Your Business?
There are a few different styles and types of turnstiles that are used by businesses, organizations, and municipalities throughout Illinois and Indiana today. These include:
- Waist-high turnstiles (one of the most popular and efficient options);
- Full-height turnstiles;
- Optical turnstiles; and
- Barrier optical turnstiles.
Our team will guide your business through the different styles of turnstiles available, helping you to determine which type would be most beneficial to you.
Why Work with Preferred Window and Door
If you want to learn more about turnstiles, need turnstile repair or maintenance, or are ready to invest in new turnstile installation, we want to help you. Our company should be your go-to choice because:
- We’re experienced. We have more than 20 years’ worth of experience helping businesses and organizations meet their traffic flow and security needs.
- Our technicians are licensed and insured. You wouldn’t want a technician who isn’t properly trained managing a job on your property, which is why you can take comfort in the fact that all of our technicians work for us–we don’t use subcontractors–and are trained, licensed, insured, and great at what they do.
- We use the best parts, materials, and practices. We care about quality, and as such only use the highest quality parts and materials for all repair or installation jobs. We also prioritize safe practices, and stay up-to-date on the best installation and repair procedures.
- We care about customer service. Finally, we truly care about our customers and ensuring that you get what you’re looking for when you call us for turnstile repairs, maintenance, or installation. We have a reputation of excellence behind our name, and promise to prioritize your needs throughout the entire process.