How To Tell If You Need New Windows
While it may not always be obvious, there are some telltale signs that you may need new windows.
Windows are a pretty important part of your home when you think about them. They keep cold temperatures, snow, rain and insects out of our homes. They allow light to fill our homes, and warm summer breezes to pour over our interiors. It is pretty easy to take for granted all of the wonderful things that windows do. That is until it is time to install new windows.
Homeowners choose to install new widows for a wide variety of reasons. Some people are interested in increasing the energy efficiency of their homes. Others simply don’t like the way that their current windows look. For the most part though, homeowners choose to install new windows because the ones that they currently have are no longer doing their job. Whether they are drafty, leaky, or rotten, here are some signs that it is time to install new windows.
- Water stains and damage on walls around windows
- Peeling paint on exterior of house around windows
- Wooden windows that have rotten and warped frames
- Single-Pane windows should be replaced with multiple panes to save energy
- Windows that won’t open, are difficult to open, or don’t stay open
- Windows that no longer have replacement parts available
- Windows that allow drafts and air infiltration when the window is closed
If you have noticed one or more of these signs on the windows of your home, perhaps it is time to contact the window specialists at Preferred Window and Door. They have been installing new windows in the Burnham, IL area, the southern Chicago suburbs, and N.W. Indiana since 1994. To learn more about how to tell if you need to install new windows on your Burnham IL home, call us at (708) 895-3667.