Broken Garage Door Openers
Repair and Replacement for Broken Garage Door Openers
Garage door openers are a wonderful invention. Thanks to these simple machines, no longer do people have to bend down and try to lift up heavy garage doors by hand. However, when a garage door opener stops working it can be a real pain to deal with, for a home or business owner. Garage door openers consist of two parts: the actual opener that’s attached to the garage door as well as to the ceiling on the inside of the garage; and the remote portion that is usually a handheld device that’s kept inside your vehicle. A broken garage door opener can occur when either or both of these parts have a problem.
What is Wrong With Your Garage Door Opener?
If the remote for your garage door opener, whether it’s a handheld or keypad, stops working, in most instances the battery simply needs to be replaced, or the device needs to be reset. However, in some cases, the remote or keypad will have to be replaced entirely. If your garage door opener stops working for another reason, other than a faulty remote, then you should really consider contacting the experts at Preferred Window and Door. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable technicians will come to your home or place of business and determine what’s causing the problem and then get it repaired.
Common Garage Door Opener Problems
So what kinds of things should you be looking for if your garage door opener isn’t working? There are many possibilities, which include:
- Make sure the batteries are working on the remote
- Check to make sure that the sensors are not blocked. This could cause it to fail to respond.
- Make sure you don’t have some kind of electrical issue
There are also many other issues that can occur from time to time with a broken garage door opener. These are some common problems:
- The motor on the garage door won’t stop running
- Every time your door finishes opening or closing the garage door automatically reverses
- Your garage door opener might have a problem if your door won’t completely open or shut
- You can hear your garage door opener making the sounds of a functioning opener, but it still isn’t operating
- Your garage door opener light does not turn on when the opener is engaged
- You garage door is loud and it could even vibrate, which are signs of trouble