Are you having trouble with your garage door again? Is it making a funny noise? Perhaps it’s not running smoothly in the tracks. Maybe you have a door panel that isn’t aligned quite right or one that has a big dent. Has your spring gone bad and your door won’t even open or shut? These are all common problems that can occur with garage doors. When something goes wrong it can be a big hassle for you. That’s why you should contact an experienced garage door repair company right away.
Signs of Trouble
So what kinds of things should you look for so you know whether or not you need to call a garage door repair company? There are all kinds of possible signs to be aware of, but these are some of the most common ones that you should pay attention to:
- Squeaky or other abnormal sounds – garage doors do make a lot of noise, but that noise should not include squeaky sounds. Many times it could be a simple, like by adding lubrication, but there could be other underlying problems. Contact us and we’ll diagnose the source of the squeak and put a stop to it.
- Any unusual scraping – if you door is scraping a wall, the ceiling or the floor then something needs to be repaired. It might be the cables, but there are other possible causes as well. Either way you should get it checked out before it gets worse.
- The door won’t respond to the remote – you’re remote could simply need a new battery. However, your door might have a broken part that is causing the problem and therefore you need to determine what’s broken and get it fixed.
- Your door moves slower than normal – this is usually caused by a problem with your springs. Sometimes springs can be fixed and other times they need to be replaced.
- The door won’t shut correctly – if your door won’t shut right you might need a new door. However, there are many different issues that can cause this so contacting a repairman is a smart move.
Contact Preferred Window and Door for Help
At Preferred Window and Door in Chicago, our technicians have the knowledge and expertise to repair your garage door. No matter what kind of problem you have, big or small, we can fix it. If your springs are bad or your rollers have come off the track, or if you need any other type of garage door repair then don’t try to fix the problem yourself. Give the experts at Preferred Window and Door a call and let us give you fast and affordable service that will get your door back up and running smoothly in no time. Click here to schedule an appointment with us online, or simply give us a call at 708-895-3667. We even offer emergency service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.