Preferred professionals: repairing windows in Chicagoland homes since 1994.
No matter what type of window damage you have, Preferred Window and Door has the experience to provide the best repair for any job. We know how important your windows are to your home, both in terms of providing ventilation and light and keeping your family safe and secure. So when your window breaks, we always provide efficient and professional service.
Window Repair or Replacement
Sometimes it can be difficult to determine whether a window repair is enough or it’s time for a complete window replacement. That’s where we come in! Preferred technicians can come to your home and examine the condition of your windows to provide you with a well-informed recommendation.
Without an assessment, we can’t tell you what’s right for you with certainty, but we typically suggest window repair for:
- Very old windows. If your windows were installed in the Pre-World War I era, they likely cannot be replaced—you would need to install an entirely new type of window. Older windows often feature ornamentation and custom woodwork with an aesthetic that cannot be replicated with modern windows. We only recommend you replace old windows if they have significant damage that cannot be restored through window repair.
- Custom windows. New or old, custom windows are better off being fixed than replaced. Because your windows were custom built just for your home, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to create an exact replication. Window repair will be less expensive and help you better retain the custom look you love.
- Glass replacement. If the glass in your windows is cracked or otherwise broken, it can easily be replaced without installing an entirely new window. Sometimes minor cracks can be fixed without even replacing the glass at all, saving you time and money.
If you have more severe damage, such as rotting, or your windows are simply not well insulated, it can be more cost-effective to invest in a window replacement.
Why Choose Preferred Window and Door for Window Repair in Chicagoland?
No matter how big or small your window repair need is, we will ensure it is taken care of quickly and that your home or business can remain safe and secure. When you call us for home window repair in Chicagoland, we:
- Send only the most professional, knowledgeable, and well-trained group of technicians—never sub-contractors!
- Offer outstanding customer service
- Provide the highest standards of integrity and quality in the industry
- Will meet AAADM and OSHA standards
- Strive for professional (but efficient) repair service
- Believe no job is too big or small for your home or building